Real Time Locations Services
RTLS solutions typically include location sensors that are attached to various assets be it a patient, a staff member or a piece of equipment. Utilizing a unique ID, the system can locate the tags and give you real-time information about its positioning within the facility. Estimation-based RTLS solutions can enable tracking in a hospital’s unit or floor, whereas Clinical-Grade Locating™ systems are able to achieve room, bed, bay and even shelf-level tracking for true workflow automation.
- Patient care
- Asset tracking
- Infection control
- Compliance reporting
- Increasing costs
- Readmission rates
- Nurse rounding
- Data collection
- Patient throughput
- Equipment shrinkage
- Capital expenditures
- Staff safety & shortages
RTLS: Promoting Patient and Staff Safety in Hospitals
Patient risks, including equipment errors, hospital-acquired infections or physical attacks are a constant threat within healthcare facilities. A Real-Time Location System can promote patient safety by reducing room for such risks. Examples of RTLS safety and security solutions provided by CenTrak Security Solutions include:
- The ability to keep a watchful eye on hand hygiene compliance.
- The ability to create contact tracing reports based on knowing when and which staff members and patients have come into contact with an infected person or asset.
- The ability for nurses and staff to call for help quickly in the event of an emergency or physical threat.
- The ability to detect when certain machines or systems are either part of an active recall or due for cleaning or maintenance.
- The ability to create alerts letting staff and nurses know if a patient has wandered into an area where they aren’t supposed to be. This is particularly crucial when caring for patients with dementia or Alzheimer’s.
- The ability to protect infants from abduction attempts as well as improper mother/baby matching using alerts and security system/door lock integrations.